Are you well prepared to apply for your dream job? If you are getting the best job opportunity, for which you have been waiting for quite a long period of time, then you ought to be prepared for that. To help you out, here are certain important points to consider that you haven’t missed upon anything.
- To get a job, the first step is definitely to apply for it. Several people commit a blunder by re-applying for the same company in multiple times. Do not just apply for every vacancy at the company. You would get noticed by the job recruiters or job employers and would mark a bad impression. Apply only when you feel yourself fit for the vacancy.
- The second point relates to resume. Ideally, when sending the resume online, instead of the attachment, paste it in the mail body. And also, when writing the resume, do not make use of exclamation marks.
- Also, when writing resume avoid using the words that can make your copy misinterpreted by spam filters.
- The qualifications and achievements must be mentioned in the bullet format. And if possible, try to enhance your CV skills and add relevant keywords, which might help you get to the top of the online search.
- Avoid using abbreviations in the resume, cover letter or anywhere else in the mail, as that marks a bad impression on the HR manager or the recruiter.
- To write wrong spelling is a definite NO. Also, instead of lowercase or full capitals, use standard capitalization, otherwise you might annoy the recruiter.
- If you are applying for a job online, then make sure that you fill all the information (even marked with optional) in the online application process. This might give you an upper hand in getting short listed.
- CV presentation is very important. You have to ensure that your resume is in clear & concise format with all the necessary information & details.
- If you get a revert from the company through the mail, make sure that you reply back within 24 hours. You must not give any negative impression to the employer.
- Check out the details of the follow up e-mail carefully. Make sure that you do not miss any direction indicated to you.
- There can be a situation when the mail gets rejected through the automatic system. If this is the situation, then try to contact the recruitment office and look up for the process to reapply for the vacancy.
- While reapplying for the job vacancy, make alterations in the keywords to make it more relevant. Also, you can make the changes in the executive summary or alter the bulleted skills & achievements; but do not make any changes in the elements of work history.
- Make sure that you use the same e-mail id when replying for the job in the same company and for same post. There are automatic systems, which keep track on the multiple candidate applications.
Well, these are certain points, which you ought to take care of when applying for the dream job. Make sure that you do not commit any blunder and drop the opportunity.